TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Terms and Conditions for Access to and Use of Computalaw website and any Contracts, Content, Material, Products and/or Services available on this Website.
THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ALSO APPLY TO ANY PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES WE OR OUR THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS MAY OFFER, IN ADDITION TO OUR OR THEIR PRODUCT/SERVICE-SPECIFIC TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
IF YOU PROCEED, PLEASE SAVE A COPY OF THIS AGREEMENT FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.
1. Copyright, Trade Mark, Database and other Intellectual Property Rights
- The entire contents of this website, including our domain names, icons, graphics, logos, layout and multimedia information (“Content”) as well as the contracts, long and short descriptions, explanatory notes and all other material which is available for you to access, browse, view, purchase a license to use or subscribe to from this or any linked sites (“Material”) are the copyright of Computalaw or such third party as will be named on the specific Content or Material whether their material appears on our website or via a link to/from it or is a provider of third party products or services (“Provider”).
- Computalaw‘s or such Provider’s copyright information must remain on all reproductions of the Content or Material which you access, use and/or license. If you make any significant amendments to the Content or Material (“significant” being to the extent that is not recognisable as Computalaw/Provider’s Content or Material, of which Computalaw/Provider shall be the sole and final judge with respect to their respective Content or Material, you may change “©Copyright Computalaw/Provider. All rights reserved worldwide ” (which appears on the Content or Material) to “Source: www.computalaw.com”.
- All trade marks and trade names which are denoted as owned by Computalaw or Provider may only be used in direct association with the Content or Material and our or Provider’s website as specified above. You undertake not to use such trade names or trade marks in association with or as part of your own or any 3rd parties’ trade names or marks nor in any manner which may be misleading, deceptive or disparaging to Computalaw or any of our Providers.
- We, Computalaw, assert our database rights, moral rights and all other intellectual property rights and such similar rights worldwide to the Material, Content, Products and/Services available on this website.
2. License to Use the Content or Material
- When you purchase the license to use any specific Content or Material from this website, this is a non-exclusive, non-assignable licensed permission to use the Content or Material upon these terms and conditions only and no title or ownership to that Content or Material passes to you.
- Under such licensed right, you may store and use that Content or Material (as amended by your own skill and judgement as to its suitability for your purpose) for your own personal, lawful use and/or research or that of your firm or company.
- If you are a professional acting for clients, you may make such Content or Material available to your specific clients who require such Content or Material (but as amended by your own skill and judgement for such clients) PROVIDED you comply strictly with these terms and conditions of use, including but not limited to Condition 1 above and (d) and (e) below.
- You may NOT republish, retransmit, redistribute or otherwise use or make our Content or Material available: (i) to any other party other than as specified herein or (ii) in any newsletter, website, online service or bulletin board of your own or any other party without Computalaw’s express prior written consent. This applies whether or not a license has been purchased to use such Content or Material or whether it is in hard copy, electronically or any other media; or is in whole or in part, or combined with any other content, material or service. You may NOT use any automated systems or software to extract data, information, Content or the Material from this website (“screen scrape”) for any purpose whatsoever.
- You undertake to indemnify us and our Providers (for their part in the Content or Material) fully in the event of your contravention of this condition 2 in particular or in contravention of these terms and conditions generally.
- Computalaw reserves the right (at its sole discretion and with or without cause) to prohibit any individual, firm, organisation, company, software or robot from accessing and/or using this website, Content or the Material.
3. Not advice
Nothing in any Content or Material from our website constitutes advice of any kind and should not be relied upon as such, nor does the purchase of a license to use any such Content or Material, or the transmission, downloading or sending of the Content or Material or any other information create an [attorney/professional-client] or [attorney/professional-professional/attorney] relationship. The Content or Material, specifically the contracts, forms, documents or examples are standard styles intended to make contract, form or document preparation and negotiation more understandable, efficient and affordable and will require to be tailored to your own specific circumstances which only you or your legal or other professional adviser can do using proper, professional skill and judgement. Proper, specific legal or professional advice is always strongly recommended.
4. Prices, Payment and Transmission of Content or Material
- You may offer to purchase a license for any Content or Material listed on this website for the price specified only if you are of the age and capacity to make a legally binding contract for such Content or Material. All orders are solely upon these terms and conditions.
- The prices quoted do not include any licensing/purchase/sales or other tax or charges which may be applicable to the Content or Material, or to you as user/ licensee/subscriber in your country of use or payment. You are solely responsible for complying with the applicable taxes.
- All accepted orders will be processed as soon as possible. Usually the Content or Material is emailed direct to your specified email address as soon as payment has been processed subject to payment processing, technical or transmission problems. If you have not received the Content or Material within 24 hours following payment, you must advise us and we will investigate the problem and notify you.
- We, at our sole option and without giving reason, may reject your order for any reason. If we reject your offer to license any Content or Material then neither you nor us will be under any further obligation or liability to the other. Your order will be deemed rejected if you do not receive any notification from us within 7 days.
5. Third Party Content or Material, Products, Services, links and advertisements
6. Your Personal Information, Postings, Feedback or other Participatory material
(b) Postings, Feedback or other Participatory material – Where there is a location or forum on the website where you are permitted to make or contribute any postings, feedback, opinions or other remarks (no video material may be posted) you acknowledge that the same is in the public domain and not confidential and is not endorsed by us in any way. You undertake to comply strictly with the following:
- you will not make or post any material which is untrue, unlawful, offensive, derogatory, defamatory, vulgar, abusive, racist or in any way objectionable of which we shall be the sole judge;
- you will not make or post any material which infringes the copyright or other intellectual property rights of any other party nor transmit any unsolicited advertising or promotional material nor material which contains viruses, malware, spyware or the like.
If we discover or are notified of any of the above, we, at our sole option and discretion shall have the right immediately and without notice, to remove such material without further enquiry and/or report the same to the appropriate law enforcement or other authorities and give them all necessary information to track and identify you and/or block your access to our site and/or take or participate in legal action against you either ourselves or with others.
7. Warranty Disclaimer
- THIS WEBSITE AND THE CONTENT AND MATERIAL ON IT OR PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES AVAILABLE THROUGH IT ARE PROVIDED BY COMPUTALAW OR ITS PROVIDERS ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS AND NEITHER COMPUTALAW NOR THE PROVIDERS MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS AND/ OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND.
- TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY THE APPLICABLE LAW, COMPUTALAW AND/OR PROVIDERS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTY THAT
- THE OPERATION OF THIS WEBSITE, ITS SERVERS, EMAILS, OR THE CONTENT OR MATERIAL, PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES WHICH MAY BE MADE AVAILABLE BY US OR BY ANY OF OUR PROVIDERS OR VIA LINKED WEBSITES WILL BE SECURE, UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR-FREE, PRIVATE, FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS OR UP-TO-DATE; OR
- THAT ANY INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIAL, PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES, FOR SALE, LICENSE OR SUBSCRIPTION ON THIS WEBSITE WILL BE UP-TO-DATE, COMPLETE, APPROPRIATE OR RELEVANT TO YOUR USE OR PURPOSE.
- YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT, MATERIAL, PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES IS SOLELY YOUR RESPONSIBILITY AND AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THAT YOU WILL USE YOUR OWN SKILL AND JUDGEMENT (OR OBTAIN THE SAME FROM AN APPROPRIATE PROFESSIONAL) IN THE PROPER USE AND APPLICABILITY OF THE CONTENT, MATERIAL, PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES FOR YOUR OWN PURPOSE.
8. Disclaimer of Liability
- Basis of the Bargain; Failure of Essential Purpose. You acknowledge that Computalaw has set its prices and entered into these Terms and Conditions and Agreement in reliance upon the Warranty Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability set forth in these Terms and Conditions, and that the same form an essential basis of the bargain and Agreement between the parties. The parties agree that the Limitation of Liability specified in these Terms and Conditions will survive and apply even if the Warranty Disclaimer or any limitation of remedies is found to have failed of its essential purpose.
9. Force Majeure
Neither party shall be under any liability to the other in respect of anything which, apart from this provision, may constitute breach of this Agreement arising by reason of force majeure, namely, circumstances beyond the control of the either party which shall include (but shall not be limited to) acts of God, perils of the sea or air, fire, flood, drought, explosion, sabotage, accident, embargo, riot, acts of war (declared or undeclared), terrorism, civil commotion, including acts of local government and parliamentary authority; inability to supply the Content, Materials, Products and/or Services or any other content, materials, products and/or services of our own or any Provider.
10. Online Dispute Resolution
You agree that all disputes arising from these terms and conditions and Agreement or pursuant to your use of this website or from any Content, Materials, Products and/or Services licensed, purchased or subscribed for or any other information obtained from or through this website shall be dealt with exclusively by Online Dispute Resolution by SmartSettle (www.smartsettle.com) whose decision shall be final and binding on both parties.
12. Headings, Severability and Amendments
- The headings of these terms and conditions are inserted for convenience of reference only and are not intended to be part of or to affect their meaning or interpretation.
- If any of these terms, conditions or provisions shall be determined by any competent authority to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, such term, condition or provision shall to that extent be severed from the remaining terms, conditions and provisions which shall continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- We reserve the right to amend any of these terms and conditions at any time and post the same on our website. Each time you use the website, you accept the current version of the terms and conditions.
13. Applicable Law
As we are a worldwide organisation with worldwide users, we adhere to the best of international laws. Accordingly, the parties hereby agree that this Agreement shall be construed in accordance with the European Union’s applicable Directives, WIPO Treaties on Computer Programs, Copyright and Intellectual Property Rights and other International treaties. In terms of the enforceability of this Agreement, for the avoidance of doubt, this Agreement shall be deemed “in writing” and “accepted” by both parties.
Copyright (c) 1984-2018 Computalaw Ltd. All Rights Reserved World-wide.
“Computalaw” “Computalaw.com” are trademarks of Computalaw Ltd. (www.computalaw.com )
 The legal age to enter a binding contract with us is at least 18 years old.